Halifax Convention Centre
The Halifax Convention Centre combines elegance with world-class meeting space with unforgettable service and award-winning cuisine surrounding the venue. The Halifax Convention Centre prides itself on 30 years of expertise provided by their experienced event management staff who will ensure that every delegate will have a memorable stay.
It was meant to be a facility that truly represents Nova Scotia, and connects the province to the world. That started by speaking with thousands of Nova Scotians from across the province to really understand what is important to them. The Convention Centre sets the stage for every event, both literally and through design. It opens up the city, bringing people from around the world to Halifax to experience its world-class hospitality.
Halifax Convention Centre
1650 Argyle Street
Halifax, NS B3J 0E6
The Halifax Convention Centre makes sure everyone can be welcomed into their spaces. Here’s how:
- The building interior and exterior is wheelchair accessible, including automatic doors, wide curb cuts, washrooms and water fountains.
- Every floor and common area is accessible via elevators, and include two-way communication in case of emergency.
Particular event spaces include permanent hearing assist systems, like Infrared Audio Assistive Listening Systems, and these can be temporarily included in every space as needed.
- Tactile Braille signage is at the entrances of all meeting rooms and restrooms, as well as inside and outside all passenger elevators.
- Certified guide, service and companion animals are always welcome (and we can help them enjoy their time with us too, like providing water and snacks if needed).
- Our restrooms are fully accessible and have stalls, sinks and mirrors that are wheelchair accessible. Each level is also equipped with a private universal washroom.
COVID-19 Preparedness at the Halifax Convention Centre
Canada and Nova Scotia continue to be a safe travel, meetings and events destination. There are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia and the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk as low.
The Halifax Convention Centre is actively monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and taking all the necessary steps to ensure we provide a safe, healthy facility for staff, guests and clients. They will continue to monitor and take any recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada
The Halifax Convention Centre takes the health and safety of their staff and guests very seriously and has implemented the following enhanced measures:
- Enhanced standard cleaning protocols within front and back of house areas including increased frequency of cleaning in these spaces.
- Signage in public and staff washrooms with healthy handwashing guidelines.
- Installation of additional hand sanitizing options in high traffic areas.
- Enhanced communication with staff to reinforce healthy handwashing and hygiene best practices.